Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Manufacturing Excellence - Inspire, Lead, and Succeed with CREATIVITY!



"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
- Buckminster Fuller

Wikipedia says, "Creativity is a mental process involving the discovery of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the existing ideas or concepts, fueled by the process of either conscious or unconscious insight."

If companies would have more brainstorming sessions instead of "blamestorming" sessions, don't you think they would focus more on solutions instead of problems?
What if you would define a problem in detail on paper and pass it around to different departments on all different levels asking for possible solutions? Don't you think the various insights could be incredible?
If you are having trouble thinking maybe you need to move. Go for a walk. Get yourself into a different frame of mind. Shake up your brain cells. Give it a try!
If you don't exercise your brain, it will not serve you well. Our brain is like our body and it needs exercise to keep fit. Perhaps a good book can provide you with some inspiration to get your brain cells moving again?


Wouldn’t you agree that work environments comprised of small cubicles and work stations where people have to be quiet, focus on their tasks and move as little as possible, seem to be so wrong?

Who came up with this idea? How could this foster an environment of creativity?

I remember when I started my first job that I had to sit quietly at my desk for 8 hours. This was certainly not the perfect work environment for an extrovert like me. My energy level and my productivity decreased by the day and I knew that I had to take some corrective action. So I asked for a change and was transferred to another location where I shared an office with 3 other people. What a difference! I was actually allowed to talk, have fun, come up with some creative ideas and be more productive.

You may have heard me say this before: I have a vision of replacing the boardroom table with treadmills. This would certainly be part of creating an environment of social technology. Wouldn't it be great to get the creative juices flowing and to experience positive energy and ideas as outcomes of these meetings?

Creativity is a must during changing times. Live it, breathe it, encourage it, and you will experience the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment